"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Jun 15, 2008

First Camping trip of the year!!

We finally got to go camping and we had so much fun. My Grandparents have some land in Tetonia and all of my relatives park their trailers there for the summer and we all just go camping whenever we want to. We have a few reunions there in July so we decided to leave our trailer there for June and July. Now we can go every weekend and we don't have to haul the trailer every time. It is very beautiful country with the Tetons right next to us. We always have so much fun, and there is lots of green grass that the kids get to run and play on. The weather was perfect and my Mom and Dad came with us so the girls got to spend time with them. Mom played ring around the rosies on the trampoline with the girls and they thought that was wonderful. Josh gave four wheeler rides and tried pulling a wagon behind, Kenna loved that! We went to a huge green house, MD Nursery, with waterfalls and the largest supply of flowers and trees I had ever seen. It had a gift shop in it and we found Kenna this cute crocheted fish hat. We made dutch oven chicken and potatoes which is always yummy and sat around the camp fire. We had a wonderful weekend together, and it was nice to be outside in the sunshine!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad that you guys had a fun time camping. I love your new blog, it looks really cute! I hope that you have a great week!

Nichelle said...

It sounds like you guys had a great weekend. I love the new hat, it is so cute. The land looks so beautiful.

Brenda said...

THat baby girl is so cute, and I love the hat as well!!! Looks like a fun weekend!!!

Torman said...

what fun pictures Natalie it looks like you guys had a blast. I think it is so cool that your mom get on the trampoline. I can not wait to talk to you so we can catch up. I have boys camp tomr. so I won't be home till the late after noon.

Unknown said...

Fun! We love camping and wish we could do it more! Looks like a fun camping spot.

Holly said...

FUN! Looks like you all had a great time! :)

Becky said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! I love being outdoors with family and lots of things to do! Hey I like your new page set up too! Cute!

Amber said...

Looks like you had a geat time. I love your new blog background!

Pitcherfam4 said...

It's about time you got out and went camping. Summers almost over. That little fishy hat is absolutely adorable. Do you remember my Grandpa Hansen's fam is from Tetonia? Dad spent lots and lots and lots of time up there at his grandma and grandpa's house. It's beautiful up there. And, I love the new Blog!!