"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Jun 7, 2008

Find the stronger woman in you!


I love the lyrics to the new country song out by Jewel called "The Stronger Woman in Me". I wanted to put them on my blog so I never forget them. They give me strength and hope.
"Where there is life, there is hope"
Lyrics to "Stronger Woman in Me"

I’ve lived on hope, like a child walking that mile faking that smile all the while wishing my heart had wings. Well from now on I’m gonna be the kind of woman I want my daughter to be, Oooh I’m gonna love myself more than anyone else believe in me even if someone can’t see a stronger woman in me I’m gonna be my own best friend, stick with me till the end won’t lose myself again never, no cause there’s a stronger woman, stronger woman, a stronger woman in me!

A lot of people say they couldn't do what some people do, or go through the trials they go through. But I think what some of us don't realize is that the Lord gives us the strength we need at the time of a trial to endure it. He won't ever give us anything we can't handle and it's because if we do what he has asked of us he will do his part and give that strength when we need it the most. I have a strong testimony of the Lord doing his part in our life. Life is hard, but we can all endure it to the end!

9 comments:

Holly said...

You always have such a great outlook on life and the trials we have to endure. Thanks for being a great example to us all Natalie!

JANEAL said...

I know that I couldn't endure my trials without the Lords help. I enjoy all your uplifting thoughts you share.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the beautiful quote and song lyrics! When things get hard, I say the same thing, that the Lord won't give us anything we can't handle.

Nichelle said...

You have such a great outlook on life. I need to be more like you! Your right the Lord knows what we can endure and will not give us more then we can handle. You are in my prayers.

Becky said...

Thanks for all the nice quotes stories etc...it helps keep the bigger picture in sight!

Anonymous said...

You are so right Natalie. He won't give us more than we can handle. I really admire you and the example you are to everyone :)

Judy said...

I haven't talked to ya for a while, we have had the wicked flue at our house. stomach! I love your post. i truely believe in the comforter. I know as I think about you I get a peaceful feeling that the comforter has his loving arms wrapped around you. You are amazing. I remember the day you were born, and the first time I held you. You have always been special to me. You have always been a big part of my life, and you will always hold a special place in my heart. Hang tight kiddo!

Amber said...

What a great post! I hope you remind yourself of those things every day. Sorry Jaden was such a pill today. We had a long talk about it when we got home :)

J-Babe said...

I like the lyrics and I love that picture it is so cute!