"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Apr 14, 2008

Makenna's Birthday Party

We had a big weekend! We celebrated Makenna's 1st birthday. It brought back a lot of memories from the day she was born and all the events that followed. I am so lucky to be alive from having her and I am also lucky to have her alive today. I am so grateful at this time for modern medicine, you just never know when that one delivery might go bad and you need to be in the hands of a good Doctor. Our family has been blessed from Makenna in just one year. She has brought so much joy into our lives, she is such a sweet little angel. We all love her so much and it was a happy day to celebrate her birthday. I think every mom has those mixed emotions on birthdays and mine are very happy and sad at the same time. I just love my babies so much, I think they are so fresh from heaven that they bring a spirit into our home that is so indescribable. They just grow up way too fast. I will forever be thankful for the gift the Lord has given me, to be called a Mother.

Miss Makenna and her lady bug birthday cake!!!!

Kenna got books from Aunt Katie, and she loves to look at books! She also got a car that the girls can push her in and she giggles and giggles when she rides in it. She thinks she is pretty big in it and tries to stand up. The car will definitely be fun for summer.

Fullmer cousins and sisters waiting for Kenna to eat her cake!

Kenna got two baby dolls for her birthday and she loves them! Right when she opened them she gave them both kisses and hugs and would not put them down. She is such a sweetie!

Makenna on Grandma and Grandpa Fullmer's lap giving cousin Taya a hug! So cute.

Williams cousins waiting patiently to eat cake!

This is Kenna's cousin Jenna. I had to post this picture because it was so hilarious. Little Jenna was having so much fun with this balloon it kept her entertained for quite awhile. She was getting pretty excited about it and looked like she was attacking it!!! Funny Funny!



7 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha...cute pictures. I love those of Jenna and the williams cousins. I'd like copies if you don't mind :). I can't believe Kenna is 1 already! Goes way too fast.

Becky said...

Cute Cute! Looks like you had fun, I really wish we were closer for these kind of things!

JANEAL said...

Oh she is a cutie! I love it that she got all messy with her cake...Carter wouldn't even touch his on his 1st birthday. I love the picture of the little girl attackin the balloon! It looks like she's biting it and it's going to pop in her face.

Nichelle said...

To cute! I can't believe that your baby is 1. It is so crazy how fast time flies. Cute pictures!

SueAnn said...

Cute cake! It looks like she had a fun birthday and I am glad you are feeling better!

Head Over Hills said...

What a fun birthday party. I love that outfit from gymboree. I've had my eye on it for a while. She looks darling in it. Brinley is turning one in a couple weeks. I wish we had more family here. It's so much more fun to celebrate with extended family. The cake is darling. Did you make it? Looks like you had a great party.

Torman said...

So Stinking Cute Natalie you are such a good mom it is a lot of work to put together a party and it looks like you had every detail down. I even love the Star candle on the ladybug cake! so fun!