"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Apr 20, 2008

I Love Lighthouses

I don't think very many of you know this about me, but I absolutely love lighthouses! I remember in young womens years ago the song "Like a Lighthouse" and I loved singing it. Little did I know that this song would help me get through trials in my life oneday. We all have those huge storms in our life that feel like they could knock us over. I feel like I am like a lighthouse and when the storms in my life come I can stay strong and remain bright and the storms will eventually pass. My family and friends have also been the lighthouses in my life, keeping me going and helping me a long. I also at times feel like I am the boat in the storm and when things are out of my control and the waves or my trials are going to knock me over the Savior is always their for me shining bright like the lighthouse to lead me to shore. If only I look for him and rely on him to strengthen me I can make it. Always remember the lighthouses in your lives!

5 comments:

Holly said...

That is so true Natalie! What a great parable! I don't know what your trials are... but if you ever need anything I hope you always know you could come to me for anything. I also think that it is funny, you look around you and think everyone else has such perfect lives, and you get feeling a little down. It's nice to know everyone has some sort of trial to work through. You are a great inspiration to us all!

Jason and Bri Walker said...

You may not remember me, I graduated with Josh... anyway, I LOVE looking at your blog so I thought I'd just say "HI!" I just like to know who all lurks at mine (if anyone!!! :) so I thought I'd let you know that I was looking at yours! :)

Head Over Hills said...

I too love lighthouses. I love them even more after what you shared today. They have a deeper meaning for me. We are throwing around the idea of a family vacation to the Oregon coast this summer. I have never seen a lighthouse that wasn't in a picture. I hope I get the opportunity to check some out while I'm there. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Judy said...

Nat, you are so amazing and I just love you! You are such an example of faith and strength. Keep it up.

Brenda said...

Watch out Lady- You are going to be teaching Relief Society!!! That was so great to hear! With my husband sick, and the bad weather I have been a little less than joyful! It's good to remember we always can get help!!!