"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Mar 27, 2008

How many people does it take to pull Maddy's tooth?

O Boy we were really in for a surprise when Maddy got a loose tooth over a month ago! We have been trying to pull that tooth and never have any luck. I am just a big chicken and I can't pull hard enough to get it out because I am afraid i will hurt her, and Josh said his fingers were too big (I think he just didn't want to be the bad guy) Aunt Jessica (our Dental Assistant in the family) tried to tie floss around it and pop it out, and Uncle Nick tried to pull it out. And Grandpa could have gotten it but didn't want to be the bad guy and hurt his little sweetheart. So after trying very hard we finally got this little tooth out on Easter night when Daddy came home from work. I was pretending like I was cleaning bugs off of her tooth so she would relax and I could get a good grip, I pulled a couple times and almost had it when Daddy came into the room and wanted to know what we were doing. He asked Maddy if he could get the bugs off of her teeth. He thought if he could find that little tooth and get a hold of it he could have it out in no time, and sure enough he did. And Maddy yelled at him and said "I thought you said you were cleaning bugs off, you pulled it Daddy!!!!" She was not happy, not only that but we had used a pair of her favorite (clean) princess panties to pull it and they got all bloody. Anyway at least we got that tiny tooth out and the tooth fairy was in trouble because she forgot to come two nights in a row. But when she finally did come it was all worth having the tooth pulled. And Kynzee was Maddy's little sidekick, always right by her side when someone was trying to pull that tooth, Kynzee even tried to pull it herself. O the joys of children :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow---a tooth out already! I can't believe how fast time goes by!

Nichelle said...

We had such a hard time pulling Tabrie's first tooth too. I finally got a hold of it with pliers. I was so scared to hurt her. She was so happy to get it out.

J-Babe said...

Hey what a trooper! I can't believe she let you guys do that!

Becky said...

Maddy is one tough cookie! Luke was looking at this post with me and asked if Maddy and Tynzee could come play at his house!

Camille said...

That's hilarious! What a traumatic experience for the poor thing! I remember being afraid to let my parent just "see" my tooth, because I knew they were just trying to trick me!

Jesse and Jessica said...

FINALLY THE TOOTH FAIRY CAN COME SEE MADDY!!! that was a teeny tiny tooth! I'm glad it is out:) she was a real trooper!