"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

May 27, 2012

Dance Recital

My girls had their end of the year dance recital at the Civic Auditorium. I am going to be very honest…I was so happy to see this day come because it meant an end to hauling girls to dance all week long, but after watching them dance that night I felt sad about it coming to an end. Another year over and the girls are another year older, that has always been a hard thing for me. They danced beautifully and I loved watching every one of their dances. I know I am their biggest fan :)  They have learned so much this year and it has been so fun. It has been a lot of work making sure they were to every practice and every performance with hair and makeup done and costumes on the way they were suppose to be. It was hard for me to keep up with three girls dancing so much, but I kept looking at it in a different way instead of it being hard for me…it was so much fun for them…so it was worth it!! I don’t know what next year will bring for us and dance but for now we will enjoy our summer off.DSC_4055

Of course Brother had to sneak in on a picture!!

DSC_4059

The girls loved their flowers from their Daddy!

DSC_4062

1 comment:

Lynn said...

It sure is a lot of work. Especially when all three are in dance, that is for sure. Oh the memories you allowed them to have forever though. So awesome! What a great way to document it all. I love their different costumes so much in all their pictures.