"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Mar 13, 2012

Tender Mercies

We had a rough couple of weeks at our house. It seemed as though everything bad that could have happened was happening and I just felt us slowly sinking and I really felt like it was getting out of control. You know what they say about when it rains it pours..well it was pouring that’s for sure. Josh has been working out of town on all of his days off from the site so it has really been hard for me to keep up. It’s amazing how just having an extra set of hands a couple nights really helps out, I have sure missed having him home. It is very lonely in the evenings when I spend them all alone after the kids are in bed. I often wonder if he misses sleeping in his own bed.  Josh leaves to the grocery store before he goes out of town to get food for him and his workers and on this one night he left later in the evening when I had already gone to bed, I had been really sick with pneumonia and my body was exhausted. When I woke up I saw these beautiful flowers on the table, he had picked them up for me at the store. What a tender mercy it was when I had been having such a rough time, I was sure thankful for these flowers!!DSC_9602

3 comments:

Kate said...

Thats so nice!

Lynn said...

Beautiful!!!!! You've got a keeper. ; )

Lynn said...

P.S. So sorry to hear that you've been SO sick. I hope you are feeling much much better now.