"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Mar 13, 2012

Jaxon’s allergic reaction

My kids have stayed well all winter, we have been so blessed so I really cannot complain. I guess my strict hand washing, vitamins, an apple everyday after school and seven o’ clock bedtime has done us good. Well, Maddy brought a nasty bug home to us a couple weeks ago and it was miserable! Jaxon had never been on antibiotics before so they put him on amoxicillin and I should have known better because all my kids and I am allergic to that stuff. Well he had been on it for 8 days and then all of a sudden broke out in this bad rash of hives. None of my kids had a reaction this bad, it was so sad. I felt so bad for him, he was really miserable!! Jaxon is such a happy boy that he just kept going and tried his best to be in a good mood for Mommy. The spots are finally gone and he is back to his normal self again thank goodness.DSC_9628DSC_9633DSC_9637DSC_9641DSC_9632

3 comments:

Kate said...

Poor Bubba!:(

Becky said...

Looks like no fun! Seth is allergic to amoxicillian too, such a pain!

Lynn said...

Ouch!!!! I've forgotten what those rashes look like, it's been so long. I have two kids allergic to it as well....and so it's never been prescribed to them since. That was so long ago.

Oh poor Jaxon. He looks So sore. But I gotta love that smile in the end. So cute!