"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Nov 4, 2011

It's not about your scars..it's all about your heart!




I found a new song I absolutely love. I put it as my first song on my blog playlist because I love it so much. Mindy Gledhill, It's all about your heart. I feel the spirit so strong when I listen to this song. There is so much saddness around me right now. Eternal companions being seperated from our earthly life. Some I know and are very close to, some I have just met and feel like I have known them forever and they have taught me so much in the short time that I have known them. I wish I had the answers for them of why this happens, I wish I could make their pain go away. I know I can't, but I know that I live my life a little better every time I am taught by one of these people. One thing I learn as I watch someone say goodbye to their spouse for this time on earth is......



How much I truly love my husband!! And how much I love our sweet children that he has given me. Like this song says "It's all about your heart, not about your scars" What a beautiful song and a beautiful reminder that life is too short to only see the scars and not the beautiful heart of our companions.



I dont mind your odd behavior,

Its the very thing I savor

If you were an ice cream flavor

You would be my favorite one
My imagination sees you

Like a painting by Van Gogh

Starry nights and bright sunflowers

follow you where you may go
Oh, I´ve loved you from the start

In every single way

And more each passing day

You are brighter than the stars

Believe me when I say

Its not about your scars

Its all about your heart
You´re a butterfly held captive

Small and safe in your cocoon

Go on you can take your time

Time is said to heal all wounds
Oh, I´ve loved you from the start

In every single way

And more each passing day

You are brighter than the stars

Believe me when I say

Its not about your scars

Its all about your heart
Like a lock without a key

Like a mystery without a clue

There is no me

if I cannot have you
Oh, I've loved you from the start

In every single way

And more each passing day

You are brighter than the stars

Believe me when I say

Its not about your scars

Its all about your heart.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful! I have not heard this song before. Amazing. Some people really have the talent to write the feelings of all humanity into words. It's all so true.

Robyn said...

I haven't heard this song either.. It is beautiful. I will have to listen to it and see if I can find the piano music to send to Lyce. Thanks Nat