"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

May 26, 2009

Our first camping trip of the summer!!

Can I tell you you how much I love to go camping!!!! Sorry for all the pictures but I had too many to choose from (like always) When I was little we went camping all the time and I loved it and still do. O my gosh we had a blast camping this weekend!!! We did just about everything we could do in the time that we had. We went on a huge motorbike and 4-wheeler ride and it was a beautiful ride and we had so much fun. We spent a day in Jackson Hole and had a horse and carriage ride that was wonderful and the girls giggled and loved it!!! The girls got a play pink gun and their Daddy taught them how to shoot it in the trailer at a stuffed moose, very funny :) Josh bought me a gun over a year ago and I have never even held it but I finally got a chance to shoot a log with it and it was fun. We went fishing and Maddy caught a tiny fish, she was so excited!!! Kenna reminded me of myself when I was little and went camping, she packed her babies around everywhere she went. She was always saying shhhhhhh baby sleeping, she will be a good Mommy someday. Maddy learned how to ride the little motorbike and she was a natural, it was so fun to watch her. Josh stayed right with her and was helping her, I remember my Dad doing that with me when I was Maddy's age, so much fun!! We sat by the fire and had smores and dutch oven peach cobbler....yummy:) We had the best weekend ever!!!
















































12 comments:

Camille said...

It looks like you had a magical weekend! What lucky girls you have to have a daddy that is so involved in their lives. He seems like a great one!

Head Over Hills said...

Looks like so much fun. I love all the pictures. Such cute girls you have!!

Judy said...

I am so glad you had a good weekend. I sure do love ya!

Chris and Monika said...

So cute! I am glad you had a good weekend. We had alot of fun camping too. I love it!

Josh and Krystal said...

Ooo- that looks like fun! I forget that I miss the mountains, 4wheelers, and fishing in pretty rivers (instead of muddy ones). I am so glad you guys are able to go have a good time.

Nichelle said...

It sounds like you guys had super fun weekend!! We love to go camping too. It is so nice to just spend time with your family doing fun things. It looks like you guys had lots of good times to create great memeories.

Lynn said...

LOL! I love the one of you on the quad with your youngest SLEEPING! Too cute!

Good times!! WHat great memories you are making and GREAT skills you are passing onto your daughters. WOW! I don't know if I have even held a gun in my hands. GOod for you for teaching them all kinds of stuff.

SueAnn said...

Looks like so much fun!!!

Jenna said...

that looks liek a ton of fun! I love lots of pictures, so don't apologize!

J-Babe said...

How Fun! It is so neat to families take the time to take their kids camping. Some of my favorite memories growing up were when we were camping! Love the little motorbike!

Michelle said...

This looks like you had a great time! I can't wait to go camping with my little ones in a few weeks!

Pitcherfam4 said...

What a fun camping trip. It always makes it that much sweeter when daddy can be around to share all he knows with the girls. Looks like you had great weather too. Nat- so excited you finally got out and shot your gun.