"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Jun 2, 2008

The One Flaw in Women

I have really struggled lately with many things. I keep the saying "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it" deep inside my heart. How heartbreaking life can be sometimes!
I just keep moving forward and try not to look back. Thank you to all my family and friends who are so good to me and keep me focused when life seems too hard. One of my favorite songs is "I feel my Saviors Love" I truly do feel my Saviors love all around me. This is an email my sweet sister sent to me and it gave me so much hope and I wanted to share it with all of you.

By the time the Lord made woman, he was into his sixth day of working overtime. An angel appeared and said, 'Why are you spending so much time on this one?' And the Lord answered, 'Have you seen my spec sheet on her? She has to be completely washable, but not plastic, have over 200 movable parts, all replaceable and able to run on diet coke and leftovers, have a lap that can hold four children at one time, have a kiss that can cure anything from a scraped knee to a broken heart-and she will do everything with only two hands. 'The angel was astounded at the requirements. 'Only two hands!? No way! And that's just on the standard model? That's too much work for one day. Wait until tomorrow to finish. ''But I won' t, ' the Lord protested. 'I am so close to finishing this creation that is so close to my own heart. She already heals herself when she is sick and can work 18 hour days. 'The angel moved closer and touched the woman.' But you have made her so soft, Lord. ''She is soft,' the Lord agreed, 'but I have also made her tough. You have no idea what she can endure or accomplish. ''Will she be able to think?', asked the angel. The Lord replied, 'Not only will she be able to think, she will be able to reason and negotiate. 'The angel then noticed something, and reaching out, touched the woman's cheek. 'Oops, it looks like you have a leak in this model. I told you that you were trying to put too much into this one. ''That's not a leak, 'the Lord corrected, 'that's a tear! ''What's the tear for?' the angel asked. The Lord said, 'The tear is her way of expressing her joy, her sorrow, her pain, her disappointment, her love, her loneliness, her grief and her pride. 'The angel was impressed. 'You are a genius, Lord. You thought of everything! Woman is truly amazing.. 'And she is! Women have strengths that amaze men. They bear hardships and they carry burdens, but they hold happiness, love and joy. They smile when they want to scream. They sing when they want to cry. They cry when they are happy and laugh when they are nervous. They fight for what they believe in. They stand up to injustice. They don't take 'no' for an answer when they believe there is a better solution. They go without so their family can have. They go to the doctor with a frightened friend. They love unconditionally. They cry when their children excel and cheer when their friends get awards. They are happy when they hear about a birth or a wedding. Their hearts break when a friend dies. They grieve at the loss of a family member, yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left. They know that a hug and a kiss can heal a broken heart. Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors. They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you to show how much they care about you. The heart of a woman is what makes the world keep turning. They bring joy, hope and love. They have compassion and ideals. They give moral support to their family and friends. Women have vital things to say and everything to give HOWEVER, IF THERE IS ONE TINY FLAW IN WOMEN, IT IS THAT THEY FORGET THEIR WORTH.

16 comments:

Nichelle said...

I just wanted you to know that you have been in my prayers. I am here for you if you need anything at all. You have such a postive outlook and I admire that about you. I love that e-mail it is so true. I was so exicted to see that you had done a post. Be sure to let me know if you need anything at all.

Amber said...

I love that email as well. I admire you and your strength so much. You are a great example to me and I am glad to be your neighbor and friend.

Unknown said...

I'm glad to see you are back on blogger! I love being reminded of our worth in the sight of God. It is an easy thing to forget in this world. Hang in there!

Judy said...

AMAZING! I love that. I really appreciate you calling me last night. It meant the world that you care enough about me. You have been in my prayers....besides, you were one of my little girls, so many amazing memories with you, cole, stacy and katie. I will have to post the dance pictures of you guys some day. Nan, you ARE an amazing woman, and you have so much to teach people. You will be amazed at the people in your life that you will help through horrible times. Some day your storm in life will be the calm in someone else's storm. I truely believe that. You are an inpiriation to me. Love you!

Rachel said...

Natalie, I love that email too! I want you to know that I think you are a an amazing person. I can't help but to think that Heavenly Father has promised us that he won't give us more than what we can handle. And you must be one very strong person because of all that you have been through. I think the world of you! Rachel

Torman said...

What an Awesome E-mail. Natalie I hope you are doing well and I agree with all the other comments made you are a tough little cookie! Hang in there!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I am so glad to see a post! Thanks so much fro that uplifting e-mail! I have been wondering where you have been? I hope evrything is alright!! If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask! We missed you so much at recipe group!!! Smile.....

Brenda said...

That is such sweet email! We do forget our worth, it can be hard to remember! I love your post, you are always thinking so spiritually and it truly lifts my spirits! I just keep thinking about that Mothers Day card from your sister- Your children are so lucky to have you for a MOM!!!

JANEAL said...

I'm sorry to hear you're having some struggles. Hopefully things get better for you. I hope you can make recipe group this month because we sure missed you last month.

SueAnn said...

I love that email. As women we have to bear so many things and at the same time. Luckily we know that our Heavenly Father will ALWAYS be with us and that he has promised he would not give us anything beyond what we can handle. I am sorry you are having trials in your life...keep your head up and remember your worth!!

Holly said...

That e-mail is so true! Thanks for sharing! We've missed you lately. I hope things start to go better for you. I think you are amazing Natalie!

Unknown said...

There have been a few of those emails around lately, and I cry at every one! Thank you for reminding us what sometimes we need to hear! I hope things go better and know that you are loved!

Amberlee said...

I love that email too. It definitely is a great reminder of how important our work in this life is. Heavenly Father will never forget us. I am sorry that you are going through some struggles right now. I hope things work out for you! I hope you come to recipe group next time. It wasn't the same without you!

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet and strong and everthing in that e-mail Natalie. You are always in my prayers-

J-Babe said...

So True!! Well I have missed you blogging! Thanks for the little lift, it is always nice to hear how wonderful women are;)

Chris and Monika said...

You are an amazing woman and mother Nat and your an amazing example to everyone you come in contact with. I hope things are going better for you! Let me know if you need anything. Love you!!