"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Jun 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!

In primary today Maddy made her Daddy this page with her footprints on it with this poem and I thought it was so cute.

Daddy,

Your feet seem
awfully big to me,
Your shoes are hard
to fill,
But I will try
with all my might,
Your footsteps
to full fill.

You lead the way,
for me to go,
while I live my life
on Earth,
and I will try
with all my might,
to give your
footsteps
worth!

I have been so lucky to have such a good Father in my life and I have always wanted to follow his footsteps and be as good as he is. We are lucky to be able to celebrate Father's Day and have good Father's in our lives to look up to. There is a new country song out called "You can let go now Daddy" And it talks about a girl who tells her Daddy from the time she is very little that he can let go now, she is big enough to do things on her own. Then it goes to the time when she is getting married and she chooses another man in her life to take care of her, and then her Daddy is dying and he won't let go of life until her hears from her that she is going to be okay without him. She tells him that he has done a good job and he can let go now, she will be okay. I cry every time I hear it! I don't think I will ever let go of my Dad he has been one of my best friends throughout my entire life. He is always by my side and helps me through some hard times. Thank you for every thing Dad, Happy Father's Day and I love you!

5 comments:

J-Babe said...

Man that song sounds like a tear jerker! I' am really close to my dad too, so I always tear up when I hear those kind of songs, I will have to find it.:)

Holly said...

Cute new blog background, and that pic of you girls on the header SOO stinkin' cute! :)

Unknown said...

I love that poem! I love celebrating the dads in my life, I don't tell my dad I love him enough! Do you know who sings that song? I don't listen to music anymore :) But I would love to hear it!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the new picture up top, it matches so well with your title! I'm glad you had a fun camping trip also. You have to let us all know who sings that song, I've never heard it either!

Judy said...

Make me cry. I love the song. I will have to put it on my playlist. How are you. Aren't you so glad to have a wonderful daddy in your life.... me to! I have been thinking about you lately. Hope things are ok. grandma said you went camping. How did that go. I sure love ya nan!